“In Social Media, content leads to conversations, conversations build relationships, and relationships result in ROI.” – Robert Caruso
Social Media can be a powerful marketing tool if used correctly. However, there are many small businesses that are overwhelmed on how to manage successful online communities and build brand engagement. Here are the top 10 best social media practices that will help your overall success on social media.
- Know Your Audience – Are you talking to moms, college students, or grandparents? Craft your messages to appeal to your particular audience. Use analytics and insights to become more familiar with the fans on your social pages.
- Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One Basket – Start by using one or two social platforms frequently and then add from there. Test out different networks and utilize the appropriate channels for your brand.
- Be Authentic – Show personality and be transparent. Simple enough.
- Create Engaging Content – When creating content keep in mind the saying, “So what, and why do I care?” It’s important to put yourself in the shoes of a consumer. While you may think the message is a top priority, the consumer may not.
- Keep It Short – Keep your content short, sweet, and to the point.
- Be Consistent – Posting once a week will not have any impact on your business. Create consistent content seven days a week.
- Always Respond – Whether it’s good or bad always respond!
- Reward Your Fans – Consumers love to feel appreciated. Reward them with something awesome! It doesn’t have to be anything big or fancy. Gift cards, koozies, or special promotions can go a long way and bring you more brand advocates.
- Set Goals – What are you hoping to get out of social media? Set 3 goals and measure them monthly. You can adjust accordingly if your goals aren’t being met.
- Have Fun! – Last but not least, remember to have fun! It’s okay to go off topic once in a while. Try talking about the weather, local events, sports or humor. Social Media users become easily encouraged to share content when it is relatable.
Social Media can be time-consuming, but it is well worth it. If you remember to be authentic, add value and stay engaged, then success will follow.
NewMedia Digital is a digital creative and branding agency dedicated to helping brands reach new heights with creative solutions that generate performance driven ROI.
357 Lake Arrowhead Rd
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina